Monday, April 15, 2013

I'll turn heartbreak valley into Acres of Hope

So today, today was suppose to just be a nice day shopping in the sun with a good friend.  And then, then we make that stop for coffee...something wonderful, like a Mocha with lots of whip cream. And there on the TV screen is breaking news of bombs at the Boston marathon.  And my heart begins to break, and the tears begin to pool.  And I start to wonder where the good is on this earth.  The sunny sky gets overtaken by a rainstorm, echoing my insides. And it feels so fitting that the water would fall from the sky because tears need to be shed for the tragedy of today.

And its June 1985 and my mama, she writes about how there were bombs on planes and hostages in Lebanon.  And I think about how this world really hasn't changed that much.  And that wonderful mother of mine, she wrote her prayer for me that day: "I pray that you will still find and see the beauty in your world".  Those words echoed loud in my mind. And so I bought cupcakes.  The wonderful fancy kind, from a cupcake shop, because there is still beauty on this earth and there is still hope.  Because God, he can just turn heartbreak valley into acres of hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment